FOOD CHEMICALS: Azodicarbonamide Ack
The U.S. sells bread containing this additive: Azodicarbonamide, which is another form of Bromide. (As in BVO) The problem is that many people are not aware of how many forms of bread contain these additives as well as the fact that it is essential to stay away from it.
Azodicarbonamide: Another reason to avoid most bread
(Thanks to DrFurious)
From the Book and Chemical-Free-Life.org,
"The Essential Chemical-Free Shopping Guide: How to Shop and Eat Chemical-Free"
Chemical Free Shopping Guide
Bleaching agent commonly found in commercial flour, bread, processed bakery goods, pastries, pie crusts, pasta, crackers, and beer.
Azodicarbonamide was found to induce asthma and skin sensitization in occupational settings according to a report released by the World Health Organization, but studies on ingestion of this chemical as a food additive are lacking. Additionally, evidence of ethyl carbamate formation (a Group 2B carcinogen according to the International Agency on Cancer (IARC)) occurs in consumer food products (such as bread and beer) following the addition of azodicarbonamide, but again, studies on the health effects are lacking.
21 Notes/ Hide
- dreams-from-my-father likes this
- mr-william-nilly-lofi-hi-sci likes this
- mscapodeicapi reblogged this from chemicalfreelife
- divine138 reblogged this from chemicalfreelife
- pepper-corn likes this
- tsukinofune likes this
- flaccidtrip likes this
- highoffriva likes this
- deliciasvirtuales reblogged this from chemicalfreelife
- mamitah likes this
- mooonbeams likes this
- hippiegirlsrock likes this
- dejavutokeandpoke reblogged this from chemicalfreelife
- haightervision likes this
- chemicalfreelife posted this