GENETICALLY MODIFIED FOOD: Monsanto et al. Aggressively Throw Money at Defeating Another GMO-Labeling Effort
With the help of a $4.6 million check from the biotech giant Monsanto and millions more from other out-of-state corporate interests, the campaign to defeat a Washington state ballot initiative in November to label groceries that contain genetically engineered ingredients has outraised the initiative’s supporters by nearly three times, according to campaign data released last week.
The campaign for Washington ballot Initiative 552 is already looking a lot like last year’s Proposition 37 campaign in California, where biotech and agribusiness interests outspent organic food producers and grassroots labeling supporters by nearly 5 to 1 in a high-profile battle over labeling genetically engineered groceries in the Golden State.
Meanwhile, back in D.C.
12 Notes/ Hide
- supersavonnette likes this
- a-commonplace-book likes this
- serendipitousencounters reblogged this from erinn-r
- erinn-r reblogged this from chemicalfreelife
- maylyhn reblogged this from chemicalfreelife
- blasphlegme reblogged this from chemicalfreelife
- kittykatsby reblogged this from chemicalfreelife
- shityoushouldcareabout likes this
- youaredeeplyfucked likes this
- mooonbeams likes this
- crochetinginthekitchensink reblogged this from chemicalfreelife
- crochetinginthekitchensink likes this
- chemicalfreelife posted this