FOOD / PERSONAL CARE / HOME CARE CHEMICALS: New “Dirty Dozen” List—Chemicals Messing with Your Hormones
A new report from the Environmental Working Group and Keep a Breast Foundation identifies the “dirty dozen” endocrine disrupting chemicals—those substances, often found in consumer products, food and elsewhere in our daily lives, that mimic hormones and may affect a variety of health issues. A growing body of independent science points to concerns about the effect of some of these chemicals, even at low doses (since the chemicals mimic hormones, which themselves can have big effects on the body in tiny concentrations).
New “Dirty Dozen” List—Chemicals Messing with Your Hormones
10-Perfluorinated chemicals (PFCs)
- Eat fresh food, rather than canned.
- Avoid cash-register receipts.
- Avoid plastics marked with “PC” for polycarbonate, or recycling number 7. Don’t store or cook foood in plastics of any kind, including plastic wrap made from No. 3 plastic.
- Eat less meat, fish, milk, eggs and butter.
- Buy organic produce.
- Choose a water filter that will remove atrazine, perchlorate, lead, arsenic and other chemicals.
- Avoid personal care products with “fragrance” in the list of ingredients.
- Be sure to consume the recommended amount of iodine, iron, calcium and Vitamin C.
- Use a vacuum cleaner with a HEPA filter.
- Don’t eat fish high on the food chain, like tuna, swordfish and shark.
- Don’t use non-stick pans, or products with stain- and water-resistant coatings.
- Don’t buy cleaning products or other household chemicals that include the ingredients 2-butoxyethanol (EGBE) and methoxydiglycol (DEGME).
32 Notes/ Hide
- kitten-cuddler likes this
- cinnamonsmind reblogged this from myjacketdoesntsayhi
- datimeizmeow reblogged this from chemicalfreelife
- brittpyo likes this
- ravenous315 reblogged this from findbeautyinyourbones
- gavri3lle likes this
- elitebellua reblogged this from findbeautyinyourbones
- tumtum1192 likes this
- panoplosaurus likes this
- because-the-sun-also-rises likes this
- loulawoo reblogged this from findbeautyinyourbones
- loulawoo likes this
- everpresentflow likes this
- lingua-fracaso reblogged this from chemicalfreelife
- philipmichaelcharlesray likes this
- sooooper-s-a-m likes this
- autonomy5 likes this
- streetlightsreappear likes this
- c-estwonderland reblogged this from chemicalfreelife
- mooonbeams likes this
- hippiegirlsrock likes this
- aworldoflove321 likes this
- mumblewhore69 likes this
- additiveandcrueltyfree reblogged this from chemicalfreelife
- additiveandcrueltyfree likes this
- allnaturallybeautiful likes this
- myjacketdoesntsayhi reblogged this from chemicalfreelife
- myjacketdoesntsayhi likes this
- heuristicsolutions likes this
- secrets-of-theuniverse likes this
- chemicalfreelife posted this